Pillars of Eternity

Yalda

Rare-Mob
Kommentare
Buffs erhalten
Shiny *-*

Obsidian did it. They made me throw over 80 Euro at this game and I regret absolutely NOTHING, because I spent the last couple of days in a 1998 time-bubble and was so happy, my mother asked me, if I fell in love with someone. "My space-piglet." I wanted to say. "And my plate armor wearing rogue. Plate armor! Rogue! And It works! Muhahahahahahahhaa! Plate Armor!"
Right now I'm in the middle of act 2 and I do every single fetch quest, because I don't want the game to end. EVER. Because even the fetch quests feel more meaningful than the plot of Dragon Age Inquisition. (No offense, I liked Inquisition, but after almost every dialogue I felt like "I did not even said a proper goodbye, oh my god, my Inquisitor is an asshole!")

Maybe the game will have a disappointing ending, or will upset me otherwise in the next couple of hours – but I doubt it. Sometimes I start the game, just to finish a side quest and suddenly it's 4 am and I feel like 1998 and I'm thirteen all over again and whoops, isn't tomorrow a school day?

I love doing skill-enchanting-and-armor-experiments because "FOR SCIENCE!" and all and I changed my "why are you dead again?" leather wearing rogue, (which I treated exactly like a D&D Rogue in the first couple of hours) into a killing machine. With just a couple changes of armor, weapons and some enchantment, that made the attack speed as fast as it was before. Now she is super useful, scouting ahead, killing single mobs, disarming traps and luring enemies in my own traps - without dying every two steps.

The camping mechanics are also a sign, that Obsidian learned from their Neverwinter Nights 2 mistakes, because that was a game, where you didn't have to plan any fight at all, because you could rest without consequences almost everywhere. So it was "nuke the little trash pack with your most powerful spells" – rest -"nuke"-"rest"-rinse and repeat.
In Pillars, the camping is limited by the camping supplies, so you do not want to kill everything (and you don't need to, because enemies do not give any XP at all.) which is a good thing, because I already talked myself out of some spider-heavy combat situations or used my cipher-tricks to do some Obi-Wan level of mind bending awesomeness.

I also like the fact, that I can create my own characters and do not have to stick to my companions. I remember some Baldurs Gate 2 moments, where I really wished, I could replace all those multiple class characters with someone more useful. Because some class combinations are not "yay, I'm versatile!" but more "Yay, I can do a lot of things absolutely mediocre!  I have cure minor wounds, I'll heal - Let's kill dragons!" .
Right now I have four companions and two characters I created myself. The characters I don't use in my group, can still do something useful and go on missions via the Caed Nua quests and bring home loot and shiny items.

Overall this game suprised me. I was hoping I would have fun with it – but I wasn't expecting that it would be this perfect thing, I didn't knew I missed so much. I will go now. Crying tears of happiness. And watching my little space-piglet. So shiny.

Oh and btw - I passed my Game Art Diploma ;) Now I just have to write my bachelor thesis.

Zurück