Fussverzauberung Magier: Icewalker vs Tuskarr's Vitality

Karius

Welt-Boss
Kommentare
I've seen Tuskarr's mentioned a few times before, and I'm familiar with the general reasoning, but I'm curious to know how you arrived at this conclusion. I don't doubt for a minute that +8% runspeed has a positive impact on a fight with lots of movement (say, Beasts phase 3), but it's going to be hard to quantify the DPS increase and I've yet to see anyone try to napkin math it out, let alone model it for a priest -- and sometimes the value is simply going to be nil. Don't take this as me trying to refute the claim, I'm trying to understand it.

I guess my question boils down to this: What makes Tuskarr's so definitively good that even rounding out hit rating with Icewalker is not an option in your opinion?

I ask because after crafting Merlin's, I'll be undercapped without Icewalker. (EDIT: I lied, I'll stay capped with Tuskarr's, but the question still stands.) Swapping for Tuskarr's in the mean time does seem to make sense, Icewalker's critR alone with no other benefit does seem pretty weak.

Back in TBC, there was a lot of theorycrafting on runspeed enchantments for many different classes. The basic conclusion was that if you spend somewhere between 1 and 6 seconds per minute moving (depending on class), it was a bigger DPS gain than alternative enchantments. Obviously priests were the 1, as they had no useful DPS enchants back then. There was additional theorycrafting done in WotLK and the numbers still showed it's the best enchantment by far (at least once Unholy Aura was nerfed).

There are a couple of reasons for this. First, note that runspeed gives increased DPS time by reducing the time you spend moving. That means its a static multiplier on your spells. (Which spells depends on the situation. It will increase all spells on Yogg Saron, for example, but only Mind Flay time on Vezax.) In particular though, it scales with your gear. If you need 5 seconds of movement every minute, then runspeed gains you around .4 seconds of DPS every 60 seconds. If this affects all spells and you deal 6000 DPS, this is roughly a 40 DPS increase-- clearly superior to Icewalker, especially when you could just gem for the missing hit instead of crit.

The most important reason however is that runspeed stops you from wiping the raid on all the hard fights in the game. As far as Ulduar goes, move speed has a positive benefit everything difficult. Need to move out of sunbeams on Freya or get to a mushroom? Need to make your black hole in time on Algalon? Reach a crusher on Yogg Saron? Get out of the fire on Mimiron? Similarly, every fight in ToC involves significant movement. Beasts is obvious, but you'll have to move on Jaraxxus if you have legion flame. Faction Champions is 100% movement. Twin Valkyrs force you to move for some of the abilities. And on Anub'arak, you might have to kite during the burrow phase. Getting 12 crit rating and 12 hit rating simply cannot substitute for an 8% loss in speed.

Short of replacing your metagem (a very bad idea), there's no way in the game to replace a runspeed enchant. So take runspeed. You will need it.

I'll also note that because socketting [Veiled Ametrine] instead of [Potent Ametrine] is a good way to make up missing hit rating and we will have a few yellow sockets to do this, we should think of Icewalker as +24 crit rating, not +12 crit and +12 hit. The enchant merely lets us swap the hit / spell power gems we'd use for crit / spell power instead, so the net gain is 0 hit, 24 crit.

Source: http://elitistjerks..../#ixzz0mTEG7JRx

Zitat
Run Speed Enchant
[Formula: Enchant Boots - Tuskarr's Vitality] beats the other enchants if you spend at least 4 seconds running per minute.
Actual quality depends of fight, gear, behaviour and much more, 4s/min is a generalised figure and threshold estimate.
Often, faster movement gives tactical and survival benefits that cannot be weighted against small DPS figures.

http://www.buffed.de.../#ixzz0mT9InNRW

( http://pvd-guild.net...php?f=11&t=1529 )

Das sagt uns nun was Karius?

Das sagt vor allem mir, wo ich die Links finde, damit ich beim nächsten Mal nicht schon wieder ewig danach suchen muss.

Das sagt vor allem denjenigen unter Euch die es wieder mal nicht glauben wollen, nur weil ich es behaupte, dass nicht nur ich die Ansicht vertrete, ferner nicht nur ein Grossteil der Caster DDs in den Topgilden diese Ansicht vertritt und ich mich gerne kollektiv mit ihnen irre, sondern auch, dass es durchaus eine rationale Begründung für das Vorziehen des einen gegenüber dem anderen Enchant gibt.

Das war jetzt ein fieser Satz oder? :P

Zurück